India Chapter Constitution

Forum for discussing the formation of a Chapter for India. When the Chapter has been created this forum will be renamed to the India Chapter Forum.
Forum rules
You must be logged in to post.
Sushil Bajpai

India Chapter Constitution

Post by Sushil Bajpai » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:00 am

Thanks karan for your e-mail this morning which inspired me check out this forum.

I write with a bit of trepidatiuon. There is no doubt that we need an India Chapter of the SDS, if for nothing else than to get together for advocay and education of the principles of system dynamics. However, we also need to ensure that it does not wrap itself in insularity platform where system dynamicists preach the virtues of system dynamics to each other. Some of us from Pune and Mumbai have been thinking about initiating India Chapter for some years now. It is great to see an initiative in this direction.

In my e-mail this morning I noticed that Karan Khosla had taken time and effort to draft the Constitution of the India Chapter. I think the consitution in its present form is simple to understand, flexible and implementable.

I'd go along with it as is, instead of prolonged discussions about how and what and millions of other details. They could come in time.

Tell me Karan how could I be of some help. Let's get started right-away.

Reghunath Balaraman

Re: India Chapter Constitution

Post by Reghunath Balaraman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you for initiating the India chapter. As you have rightly pointed out, we need to get started and as more people join, the details can be worked out...
Reghu

Lalit Wankhade

Post by Lalit Wankhade » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Dear Karan,

It is very nice to see your email regarding India Chapter of SD. I congratulate you for taking this initiative. But I could not find India Chapter Board Resolution.

Please do continue. We extend our support.
Please let me know about membership etc.

Kind regards,
Lalit

Prof. Lalit Wankhade
Department of Production Engineering
SGGS Institute of Engineering & Technology.
Vishnupuri, NANDED 431606 (M.S.) INDIA

lalitwankhade@gmail.com
lalitwankhade@sggs.ac.in
Lalit Wankhade
Professor of Production Engineering,
SGGS Institute of Engineering & Technology,
Vishnupuri, Nanded
M.S. 431606
INDIA
lalitwankhade@rediffmail.com
lalitwankhade@gmail.com

Dipayan Mitra

Post by Dipayan Mitra » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 am

Hello Karan,

Great initiative! I support it and believe this is the starting point to have people with commom interest in SD to participate in a forum. The draft constitution looks ok to me and I think we should go ahead with it; changes can be added to it through new resolutions over time.

Let us know how to support it.

Regards
Dipayan Mitra

Karan Khosla

Post by Karan Khosla » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 am

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for taking the time to read the draft constitution. I don't think we need to make the constitution guidelines too rigid or worry about a publication just yet; to begin with, if we can hold initial conferences on Skype it would be good to get the ball rolling. The idea, as far as I am concerned, is to learn as much as we can from each other about application of the systems approach to our work in India.

For example, Sushil, as I too have been using group model building exercises with some of our clients, I would be grateful, if you could post (on another sub-board) your approach and experiences.

Our main effort, initially, must be to collect at least ten members - which should not be hard. Registration is not expensive and the Quarterly Journals by Wiley are well worth the money.

Please make sure your subscriptions are up to date with the Society!

Best Wishes,

Karan

D. Bijulal

Post by D. Bijulal » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 am

Dear all,

Congratulations for this move..... It is not too late to start our chapter of SDS.

Karan Khosla

Post by Karan Khosla » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Dear Colleagues,

For all those who are committed, could you please send me a very brief letter (scanned and emailed to karankhosla@gmail.com) indicating that you agree so far to the terms of the Chapter constitution and that you have verified (renewed or applied anew) that you are current member of the Society.

Once I receive your letters, I will send them along with the Constitution to the Society for approval.

Best Wishes,

Karan

Nithin Naik

Post by Nithin Naik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Constitution is simple and a good one to start off....

Extend my support for the new chapter.

Karan, Shall email you the scanned letter.

warm regards,

Nithin Naik