That question No. 3 really is my "hot button": there is no single answer to that from my side as I mingle around in several groups that tackle the issue (mainly systems thinking/ system dynamics (unspoken out)).
(focusing on the connection of system dynamics relevant to the business context (in the broadest sense); initiator was the SIG Business Roundtable in Nijmegen 2006 and the fact that my former employer in person of the plant manager at BWM Leipzig has been using ST/SD in practical usage in the the plant - yet not too many people got the connection between theory and practice and I was constantly in the problem solving mode in a complex and evolving environment)http://www.xing.com/net/lean
(focusing on the issues that Toyota has brought into the discussion, and they are pretty much system dynamics orientated, yet not much talked about; Kaizen (continious improvement) = exponentiell growth pattern of productivity)http://www.globalsol.ning.com
(community of SoL members, not so much in SD but rather in the systems thinking field which is prior and necessary - in my eyes - to understand what SD is all about and capable of)http://www.community.presencing.com
(Theory U for major changes - broadened use of system dynamics (with prior systems thinking), would make really sense here)
3. What is currently considered to be the # 1 forum for connecting individuals outside the community with the potential value of systems thinking and system dynamics?
There were zero responses to this question, which seems quite telling.
1. I think WikiSD can be a very valuable vehicle in response to question 3. Maybe not "the answer" but at least an answer.
2. I've requested a link be placed on the SD Org web site pointing to WikiSD.
3. I've started putting links on the appropriate articles in Wikipedia pointing to it.
4. Haveing never edited a Wiki before I spent a couple hours and seem to have gotten the hang of it. For me it's moslty about recycling formatting from some other page that looks like what I want to create.
5. I've decided to stop working on the web site I thought I wanted to create (which was an amazingly tough decision) and concentrate on WikiSD, and I'm out soliciting a merry band of rebels to work on it with me. Rather than over-study the sitatuion it's my intention to "just get on with it," and see where it leads.
6. I've spent a few hours cleaning house in WikiSD and am about to start recycling some of my existing content in the direction of WikiSD.
I tend to be the kind of person who, faced with a lack of guidance, interprets it as freedom. As Peter Schwartz said in "The Art of the Long View"; "The future is not filled with the answers to our hopes and dreams, the future is filled with something even more wonderful, suprises." I am most interested to see where this path will lead, and what suprises lie in store along the way.