Great Ecological and Wildlife Management Articles

This forum supports discussion on topics of interest to the Environmental and Energy Special interest Groups of the System Dynamics Society. Everyone who is logged in may post to this forum.
Forum rules
This forum supports discussion on topics of interest to the Environmental and Energy Special interest Groups of the System Dynamics Society. Everyone who is logged in may post to this forum.
Scott Fortmann-Roe

Great Ecological and Wildlife Management Articles

Post by Scott Fortmann-Roe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I will be teaching a one-week course on applying system dynamics modeling techniques to ecological simulations and wildlife management issues for Masters and PhD students.

I was wondering if people had recommendations for good, thought-provoking articles that could be used as readings. They do not necessarily have to contain or be based on system dynamics models, but they should definitely get the students thinking about systems issues.

Thank you very much, suggestions are very appreciated.

Richard Dudley

Re: Great Ecological and Wildlife Management Articles

Post by Richard Dudley » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Scott: Did you ever get a list of articles? If so, could you share them here?

Scott Fortmann-Roe

Re: Great Ecological and Wildlife Management Articles

Post by Scott Fortmann-Roe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 am

I received two private replies to my post referring me to:

* Allyson Beall, Len Zeoli. "Participatory modeling of endangered wildlife systems: Simulating the sage-grouse and land use in Central Washington". Ecological Economics. 2008.

* Allyson Beall, Andrew Ford, "Reports from the Field: Assessing the art and science of participatory environmental modeling" The International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change. 2009.

* The articles in the Summer 2004 special edition of the System Dynamics Review: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 6592/issue

Maybe people would be willing to add replies to this thread listing additional articles...