By Philip Ramsey
A jungle-based fable with animal characters, incorporating principles of systems thinking. Billibonk, the elephant, and Frankl, the mouse, try to find out why the river is flooding. They discover that conflict between herons and hippos is upsetting the way a lagoon works. Billibonk and Frankl have to find a way to resolve the conflict and have herons and hippos work together.
- This is the third book in the Billibonk and Frankl series.
Billibonk and Frankl series books:
- Billibonk and the Thorn Patch
- Billibonk and the Bugs
- The Floods of Knith
- The Dark Jungle (coming soon!)
Systems Thinking Resources and Tools
- Access supporting materials for the Billibonk book series, including videos and posters here.
- For more resources about how to incorporate and discuss systems thinking concepts in the classroom or with your children, please visit the System Dynamics Society’s Pre-College Education Special Interest Group (SIG) page.
The Floods of Knith
- Paperback ISBN: 978-1-935056-25-6
- Digital ISBN: 978-1-935056-26-3
- Published by the System Dynamics Society, 2023
- Recommended age: 9-11 years old, but this is very flexible.