About the Environmental SIG
The Environmental SIG was established in 2002 as a Special Interest Group of the System Dynamics Society. The Group is interested in systems of any scale that involve human activities and their natural environment. We seek to investigate and comprehend their dynamic behaviour, and find beneficial interventions in our human-created and managed systems, and implementation processes that contribute to sustainable development.
Areas of Interests
- Environmental Policy and Planning
- Environmental resources and resource management
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Interaction of humans with the natural environment
- Environmental impact of urban sprawl
- Hierarchical organisation of the environment
- Resource consumption patterns
- Human behavioural change
The Environmental SIG currently hosts monthly Zoom calls to discuss specific issues, concerns, ideas, and receive feedback. If you are interested in joining these calls please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the attendance list.
The Environmental SIG has a Slack page where we post information, invitations, resources, and more! Please join our Slack group at https://app.slack.com/client/TCENH4YQG/CCF7M49PE to get involved with the group!