BeNeLux Chapter Symposium: Systemic Analysis of Societal Challenges
March 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm CET
We are pleased to announce the 2021 BeNeLux chapter symposium that will be held on 10 March 2021. Preliminary times: 10:00 – 16:00 (CET). The event will be hosted through Zoom.
In the year 2020 societies around the world have faced unprecedented challenges. Raging wildfires, social injustice, riots and of course the COVID-19 pandemic. The System Dynamics method and its process support tools offer a valuable resource in understanding such challenges and provide decision makers with systemic insights in policy alternatives.
The topics that our conference aims to discuss include:
- Illustrations of using system dynamics to deepen our understanding of complex societal challenges
- Case studies in which system dynamics was used to enable systemic decision-making in government or private enterprise
- Innovative quantitative or qualitative system dynamics research
- Other system dynamics research from practice or academia
We are happy to already announce two of our plenary speakers:
- Maj Doeke Broersen – System dynamics analysis to support complex military operations
- Maartje Schuurmans-Spoelstra – System Dynamics analysis and scenario development for the safety region Rotterdam-Rijnmond during the COVID-19 pandemic
We welcome contributions from students, practitioners, and academics. The event will be held in English. This year’s conference will be free of charge. However, RSVP is obligatory. We invite you to register below. Zoom details will be distributed by email prior to the symposium.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to potential attendees or presenters. We are looking forward to your contributions.
Guido Veldhuis – Chapter president and conference organizer
Program committee: Els van Daalen, Etiënne Rouwette, Merel van der Wal, Mieke Struik
Call For Contributions
We invite you to send in abstracts (max 500 words), workshop proposals, and/or experimental sessions before February 22, 2021,
Decisions about acceptance will be communicated on March 1, 2021.
Registrations are due by 8 March 2021.