- This event has passed.
Korean System Dynamics Conference
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm KST
The Korean System Dynamics Conference for the first half of 2021 will be held on March 27 @ 10 am~6 pm KST(Korea Standard Time). The theme is “Pandemic and System Dynamics.” The SIR model is a long-standing and conventional topic of system dynamics. Therefore, System Dynamics is asked to take a role in the era of pandemic triggered by COVID19.
At least one session will be organized with the non-Korean presenters, a milestone for international solidarity and co-research. Also, this conference will be one sample trial for overcoming the language barrier. All non-Korean presenters are allowed to use mother-language under the guidance of translation as below.
Process for the Non-Korean presenter:
- Submit a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Non-Korean presenter” articulating the title of the presentation, and the information of the author(s), name, affiliation, nationality, and the verbal language for the presentation, by March 13
- Communicate with the assigned Korean assistant for the conference and could-be panelists for your presentation.
- Submit script file in English by March 19. Your script will be translated into Korean. So, the script should be indexed page by page of the presentation file.
- Submit the presentation file in English by March 22. The presentation file should be written in English even though you may present it in another language.
- Practice rehearsing before the conference with the help of the Korean assistant.
- Present at the assigned time at the conference entailing discussion.
- Presenters are allowed to use any format of presentation, PPT, Keynote, Google Presentation, etc. But the submission file should be PDF.
- All the presentations should have dynamics problem(s), structure analysis(CLD or SFD), implications or suggestions, references, and formulation in modeling.
NOTE: The script and presentation file should be written in English even though the verbal language is not English. This rule is a minimum requirement.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the office of the Korean System Dynamics Society at korean@systemdynamics.