Strategy Dynamics' online course called "Strategy Dynamics for Leaders" will teach you how to build stronger strategic plans with a digital twin
of your business or challenge. Based on rock-solid strategy dynamics frameworks, you will have full confidence that your plans and decisions will achieve your performance targets.
- Use powerful research-backed frameworks: Built on rock-solid principles of how the business system actually works and develops over time, these frameworks rigorously match every element of the business and the relationships between them.
- Exploit a “digital twin” of your business: The frameworks are supported by models that quantitatively match how your business, function, or issue has played out over time. And these models also show you how they will likely perform in the future.
- Watch your decisions play out like a movie: Using a strategy dynamics model is like watching a movie. Since the model is always up-to-date, you can watch any changes you make to your strategy or decisions play out its impact on every other element of the business or issue, and on its performance.
Full Course Structure:
- Class 1: Specifying your desired performance outcomes
- The critical focus on improving performance over time - and the 3 key questions to answer about that performance.
- Time-based objectives for 4 diverse cases.
- Performance challenges for a full-scale corporate case - Beyond Meat Inc.* (By end-2022, this company was no longer sustaining its early promise, but how its business system works and why it struggled, are highly instructive.)
- Common errors in setting strategic objectives.
- The financial value of a business - of its strategy or any initiative.
- Class 2: How resources drive performance
- The generic "strategic architecture" - how most business systems work.
- How "resources" - rigorously defined and quantified - drive performance.
- How resources drive performance for the case examples.
- Common variations on the generic strategic architecture
- Standard strategic resources for most business types, and some special cases.
- The standard relationships between customers and sales; staff, capacity and costs (useful frameworks on their own)
- Class 3: How customers, staff, products, and capacity are built and sustained
- How the “flows” driving changes to customers, staff, and other resources are the critical strategy levers
- How flows of customers, staff and other resources change performance for the case examples
- Where resources come from, and go to, and why this matters.
- How decisions control resource-flows - directly or indirectly.
- The "value curve" of product or service benefits that win and retain customers over time.
- How delays complicate the growth of resources and business development.
- Variations needed for durable products and one-time services.
- The importance of separating out customer segments and staff groups.
- Class 4: How resources work as a system, driving performance.
- How interdependence between resources drives development and performance of the business's "strategic architecture".
- How existing resources drive changes to other resources - sales staff win customers; too few service staff drives customer losses ...
- The structure and performance of the case examples.
- How external forces, such as competition and socio-economic factors, affect performance by impacting resource-flows (e.g. competitors' prices or economic recession affect customer growth).
- How feedback arises between resources in the system, and may accelerate growth, or hold it back.
- Handling relationships in the system that are not arithmetical (e.g. diminishing returns to rising advertising spend; how staff turnover responds to rising workload)
- Course wrap-up.
- Review and next steps, including powerful extensions to the core business architecture.
What’s inside the Full Course?
- Text Lessons
- Explanatory Videos
- Extensive Slide Set for Quick Reference
- Working Models
- "Control Panel" Examples to Explore Scenarios and Strategies
- Bonus - your questions answered
What does the Essentials course include?
- The essential frameworks and simple examples
- Discussion list for your questions
- Bonus - your questions answered
- Full refund on upgrade to full course