Society Member Discount: 10% | Corporate: 1,200 € | Governmental/Non-Profit: 900 € | Freelance/Personal: 700 €
System Mapping Training
System Mapping Academy’s online, instructor-led course is aimed at helping managers, leaders, policy makers, strategic designers, consultants, and entrepreneurs to use participatory system mapping in their context, to visualize complex problems, and to build a shared understanding within the team and with stakeholders.
Society Members receive a 10% discount.
Please log in to receive your member promotion code for registration. Not a member? Join Now
DescriptionTake advantage of this convenient online course about System Mapping, taught by practitioners from the System Mapping Academy, a consulting and training firm located in Berlin, Germany dedicated to making systems thinking more approachable and combining it with the powers of human-centered design. System Mapping Academy's course is aimed at managers, leaders, policy makers, strategic designers, consultants, and entrepreneurs to help them learn how to visualize complex systems in a participatory process and to develop a shared understanding. This training is for anyone who wants to learn and explore the potential of System Thinking in a hands-on manner and learn about participatory System Dynamics methods, including group facilitation, Causal Loop Diagrams (CLDs), and Group Model Building (GMB) techniques. Explore the System Mapping Toolkit and other tools for participatory methods. Course Summary:
- This training brings together inspiring lectures and case studies from the world of System Mapping as well as interactive exercises. Throughout the course, you will work on a systemic challenge and develop your own System Map. You learn how to structure complex information, how to identify opportunities for impact, and how to use system stories to share your insights.
- As a result of this training, you will be equipped to take on your own mapping projects with your team using participatory methods.
- March 17, 2023, and is synchronous (Friday, March 17, 24, and 31, from 9 am to 1 pm CET)
- 4 hours Live Classes on Fridays from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, CET
- Get an introduction into the world of systems thinking and how to apply it to real-world cases.
- Get insights into the techniques and processes of system mapping and create your own first map.
- Get equipped with the tools and resources you need to transfer your learnings into practice.
- Session 1: what is System Mapping?
- Introduction to Systems Thinking
- Mapping as a visual language for complexity
- Introduction of the case study
- Team exercises:
- Power of visualizing systems
- Explore variables and system personas
- Session 2: How to develop System Maps?
- How to create meaningful System Maps
- Power of feedback loops to understand system
- System Stories as a basis for collective action
- Team exercises
- Develop your System Map
- Derive and create a Systems Story
- Session 3: how to apply System Mapping?
- How to analyze a System Map
- Leverage points to intervene in systems
- Transfer learnings to your work and projects
- Team exercises
- Analyze a system Map
- Identify leverage points
- Reflect learnings
- Live online via Zoom & Miro.
- 8-16 participants
- System Mapping Toolkit, Guiding Presentation, Reading List
- Beginner & Intermediate
- Fabian Gampp, Co-Founder of System Mapping Academy
- Fabian Gampp is an innovation strategist, lecturer, and entrepreneur with a focus on social- and ecological innovation. He is Co-Founder of the System Mapping Academy and the Education Innovation Lab. He works as a consultant for social start-ups and public sector institutions at the Impact Hub Berlin driving transformation processes within society.
- Gian Wieck, Co-Founder of System Mapping Academy
- Gian Wieck is a systems modeller & policy advisor with a Master’s degree from the European Master in System Dynamics (EMSD). He is the Co-Founder of the System Mapping Academy and Senior Policy Advisor at the German government for international development. He works with NGOs, government agencies and companies on diverse challenges from deforestation in the Amazon to innovation capacities in governments.
- Corporate: 1,200 €* (USD $1,278)
- Governmental/NGO: 900 €* (USD $958)
- Freelance/Personal: 700 €* (USD $745)
- *per participant (excl. VAT if applicable)
- Society Members get a 10% discount.