$25 - $145
Join the System Dynamics Society today!
System Dynamics Society membership provides opportunities to network and interact with practitioners, researchers, teachers, and those with a general interest in systems thinking and system dynamics. Members also receive full access to the System Dynamics Review and Seminar Series, discounts to our annual research conference, online learning courses, and much more (details below).
Regular membership: $145
Membership for those in economically developing countries: $50
Membership for K-12 educators: $50
Student (or recent graduate) membership: $25
For more details about who qualifies, please see below.
The membership period is based on the calendar year, starting and ending on December 31. This membership subscription will automatically renew with the credit card provided. If in the last 60 days of the year, the initial payment will be $0 and you will be billed for membership on 12/31. For more details about our membership, including benefits, please see the full description below.
DescriptionJoin our 1,400+ members around the globe who apply systems thinking and System Dynamics simulation around the globe. Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Full access to our Seminar Series;
- Full access to past and current issues of our scientific journal, the System Dynamics Review ;
- Discounted registration fee at the annual research conference;
- Access to Mentorship programs;
- Negotiated discounts on online learning courses from Society partners;
- Preference for conference scholarship and conference volunteer positions;
- Enhanced networking with access to our exclusive searchable online Membership Directory;
- 10% discount on books sold by System Dynamics Society;
- Contact with others in the field through occasional mailings, and through the electronic System Dynamics Newsletter;
- Member support from the Society office;
- And the privilege of voting in all elections, standing as an officer or as a member of the Policy Council, and nominating members for office or for service as a member of the Policy Council.
- Regular Members: The regular member price is $145
- Supported Members: Those living in lower and lower-middle-income tier countries as classified by the World Bank who can not afford the regular member price may select the supported member option and pay a discounted membership rate of $50. We ask that you honor the spirit of this membership, which is intended to support those who cannot afford the full price when you make your selection. The Society reserves the right to rescind this membership from anyone who is found to not live in a country in the list above. See below for a full list of qualified countries.
- Student Members: Current full-time students or those who have graduated within the last two years, can select a discounted membership rate of $25. If you represent a university and would like to sponsor a number of students at a discounted rate, please consider a University Partnership which will allow you to purchase or offer discounted memberships to your students and showcase your university on our degree course page.
If you are in need of financial support and do not qualify as a student or a supported member, please complete this financial support request form so that we can request support from Society donors and sponsors.
Lower and Lower-Middle Income Tier Countries (as of 10/2020) For an updated list check the World Bank list. Afghanistan Burundi Burkina Faso The central African Republic Congo, Dem. Rep. Eritrea Ethiopia Guinea Gambia, The Guinea-Bissau Haiti Liberia Madagascar Mali Mozambique Malawi Niger Korea, Dem. People's Rep. Rwanda Sudan Sierra Leone Somalia South Sudan Syrian Arab Republic Chad Togo Tajikistan Uganda Yemen, Rep. Angola Benin Bangladesh Bolivia Bhutan Cote d'Ivoire Cameroon Congo, Rep. Comoros Cabo Verde Djibouti Algeria Egypt, Arab Rep. Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Ghana Honduras India Kenya Kyrgyz Republic Cambodia Kiribati Lao PDR Sri Lanka Lesotho Morocco Moldova Myanmar Mongolia Mauritania Nigeria Nicaragua Nepal Pakistan Philippines Papua New Guinea West Bank and Gaza Senegal Solomon Islands El Salvador Sao Tome and Principe Eswatini Timor-Leste Tunisia Tanzania Ukraine Uzbekistan Vietnam Vanuatu Zambia Zimbabwe
Regular, Supported Country, Supported K-12 Teacher, Student